It’s a busy time for travel, with both Simon and Cat away at a remote Polish castle being wizards, and Cat now off to Edinburgh to be a guest at Conpulsion Battlegrounds. Alex has coped admirably with being dropped into managing everything, and she’s settling in impressively well. She’s currently working on the art direction of Out of the Woods, our new adventure collection for Trail of Cthulhu. You can get the pre-layout version when you pre-order it this month – and for the first time, we’re trialling a simultaneous release of the PDF and the print version.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- See Page XX: Tone Maintenance and One-2-One – Robin D. Laws on maintaining the tone in your campaign, and how to structure Cthulhu Confidential Challenges to do so
- Creating a Retailer-Friendly Crowd-Funding Campaign – Brian Dalrymple from The Adventure Game Store & Dragon’s Lair in South Florida on how to make sure your crowdfunding campaign appeals to bricks-and-mortar retailers
- The Confidential Armitage Files – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan combines the highly improvised play of The Armitage Files with the deep investigative dives of Cthulhu Confidential
- Call of Chicago: 13 True Ways The Hellenistic Era Is Fantastic – Kenneth Hite turns 13 wondrous tales from the Hellenistic Era into 13th Age adventure seeds
- The Tentacle Beat – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan looks at life as a journalist in Cthulhu City‘s Great Arkham
- Queen Bess – Robin D. Laws rips pioneering African American aviator Bessie Coleman from the history books and suggests ways of playing her as a Trail of Cthulhu or Cthulhu Confidential protagonist around her
- Pelgrane GMs still needed for GenCon – There are still spaces on our Gen Con 50 GM team.
- March playtesting – Playtest a Cthulhu Confidential adventure for Langston Wright, and some of the new adventures for The Persephone Extraction, our upcoming Night’s Black Agents campaign
- 13th Sage: On Monster Attacks – Rob Heinsoo has monster design on the brain as he continues work on Lions & Tigers & Owlbears: The 13th Age Bestiary 2
- Why the winds hate elves and other stories – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on the evolution of the Dragon Empire through the lens of the upcoming Book of Ages
- 13th Age Character Builds. In this series by ASH LAW, we feature two different builds for every 13th Age character class, at all levels. ASH suggests how the builds might be used, and offers tips on playing each character. Stats are based on the point-buy method, and the characters have no non-standard elements.