Lions & Tigers & Owlbears: The 13th Age Bestiary 2

Fallen icons, apocalyptic fire giants, and a purple dragon who throws the best parties: welcome to 13th Age Bestiary 2!

More than 250 individual stat blocks appear in 51  entries, along with with story hooks, icon relationships, customizable campaign variants, and advice on creating exciting battles.

New monsters for your campaign include:

• The Gold King and the Forest that Walks, fallen icons who must be defeated by a blend of swords, spells, and campaign victories.
  • A wizard bonded to their spellbook, a rogue bonded to their magic cloak, and other former heroes who took shortcuts to power by merging with their magic items.
  • The Lich King’s covert undead propaganda force: the Cult of the Silver Hand.
  • Fomorians, monstrous worshipers and children of the ancient chaos gods.
  • Malatyne, the purple dragon whose entertainments are legendary—and the player characters might be the main attraction…
  • Lions (temple); tigers (elemental and rakshasa); and owlbears (snowy and great horned).

Plus an appendix on using these monsters when playing 13th Age in Glorantha!

Lead Designers: Rob Heinsoo, ASH LAW

Developer: Rob Heinsoo

Art Direction: Rob Heinsoo, Cathriona Tobin

Interior Art: Rich Longmore, Ania Kryczkowska, Aaron McConnell, Lee Moyer, Patricia Smith, Naomi VanDoren

Authors: Liz Argall, Paul Fanning, Jaym Gates, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan, Lynne Hardy, Rob Heinsoo, ASH LAW, Cal Moore, Carrie Rasmussen-Law, Wade Rockett, Aaron Roudabush, Michael E. Shea, Ruth Tillman, Jonathan Tweet, Steven Warzeha, Emily Westfall

Product code: PEL13A14

Pages: 304pg, hardback, full colour

Buy now

26 Responses to “Lions & Tigers & Owlbears: The 13th Age Bestiary 2”

1. Blue says:

Just finish already and take my money. The first one was so good that all you to say about Bestiary 2 was “May contain pages”. But this tease makes me want it now now now.

2. David Cuesta says:

I want to pre order the book, but ill be in the uk until mid october, after that its back to soutb america. Do you think it will be published before I love the uk?

3. David Cuesta says:

I’ll be in the UK until mid october and there its back to south america for me. Do you think I would get it before that?

4. Two questions:
    1) Will it be available at GENCON?
    2) Can I buy the PDF new and pick my (print) copy there?

5. FCM says:

Regarding the Thagomizer: well done. Well done, indeed.

6. Jonathan says:

What is the estimate on shipping for this?
    When should I expect to find the print crammed in my mailbox?
    On another note, awesome job!

7. Foolster41 says:

What is the release date of this?
    If I pre-order will I get the PDF right away?
    You mentioned perks for pre-ordering, what are they? (Just the free PDF?)
    Thanks! I’m very interested in getting this, since Beastiary was so good.

8. antema says:

If you’re aiming for Gen Con (August 17-20, 2017) pickup, does that mean that the pdf version is going to be released at around the same time?

9. jhaelen says:

Howdy!

Given that GenCon is now over – has it been released, yet?
    Did anyone pick it up at GenCon?
    Are the any reviews (or at least first impressions)?

10. antema says:

Do you have an update on the DriveThruRPG release date? You said that you release PDF only versions about three months after physical book. In about two weeks it has been 3 months since Gen Con (August 17-20, 2017). So is that the rough estimate for release window?