Shards of the Broken Sky

Shard_CoverFlying city down!

One of the Archmage’s flying realms has crashed to earth, revealing a long-kept secret: this was the control point for magical wards that kept three ancient evils in check. Now each of the 13 icons offers rival opportunities for glory, plunder, or heroic sacrifice. Will you restore the wards? Unleash evil on the world? Or loot everything that isn’t nailed down and try to stay one step ahead of the apocalypse?

Designed by ASH LAW with additional development by Rob Heinsoo, Shards of the Broken Sky is a sandbox adventure for the 13th Age Roleplaying Game. The party’s icon relationships shape the plot, NPCs, and locations – so it’s never the same adventure twice, and it’s always relevant to the characters’ backstories, challenges and goals.

Status: In playtest

25 Responses to “Shards of the Broken Sky”

1. Patrick Leder says:

What is the timeline for publishing this? How long will it be?

2. Eric says:

How is this still not released???

3. Gothire says:

Any update on the timing of this? Don’t recall hearing anything about it in quite awhile.

4. Gabriel says:

Where is this adventure ? 13th age has so much potential and you guys are so slow to make supplements …

5. Lerik says:

Hey guys! This adventure seems awesome, and I’ve been brought here by Into the Underdark, the end of which points to Shards of the Broken Sky as a follow-up. Any idea of when this will be available? I’d probably buy it in a heartbeat!

6. Michael says:

I’m looking forward to this adventure (as I do to all 13th Age releases). Here’s hoping it’s as good as Eyes of the Stone Thief, my favorite adventure of all time! Any more news on the status?

7. Pierluigi Vispi says:

I have noticed on the 13th menu bar that Shards of the Broken Sky is non longer listed. It has been canceled?

• Cat Tobin says:

Hey Pierluigi, Shards is listed as a Forthcoming product, but as we don’t have a release date for it, we decided to move it from the sidebar, which is for completed projects.

8. Michael says:

How long is the adventure? Not in page count, but in terms of levels covered/number of sessions?

• Alex Roberts says:

Hi Michael! Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I checked in with Ash and Rob and they had this to say: “There are three or four mini-adventures at level 1-2. And four adventures at 3-4 and four more at 5-6, followed by 2 adventures at 7 or so and a couple at 8-10. When we playtested it, it took us 12 months (around 50 sessions iirc), but that was without accelerated level-up and investigating/interacting with everything. With accelerated level-up maybe 10-15 sessions.” Hope that helps!

• Michael says:

That is a much more detailed response than I was expecting! Thanks for getting into the nitty-gritty. I suppose it would be too much to ask for, but is there an official release date yet, or is it still in “whenever we clear the 13th Age logjam” mode?

9. Kyle says:

Is there anything in the que ahead of this? Any update? Was behind Book of Demons, right? It’s been 4.5 years.

• Colleen Riley says:

We hope to get it out later this year and there will be info regarding upcoming 13th Age books in the next issue of See Page XX.

• Pierluigi says:

please release it soon! We all have expecting it eagerly for years. I have nearly concluded my third campaign with 13th Age and I need strongly a new one, since unfortunately I have no time (and ideas) to create one from scratch. Thanks

10. Kyle says:

Great, thanks!

11. Michael says:

I’ll be starting a new 13th Age campaign in May or June. Any chance that this adventure will be released by then, or should I plan on a different campaign idea?