Happy Hallowe’en! I didn’t have to go too far for a scary Hallowe’en See Page XX logo, as I happen to have a number of stake- and blood-related art pieces on my computer at the moment, because of the Dracula Dossier Kickstarter, live now!
The build-up for the Kickstarter hasn’t stopped production, though, and we’ve got a massive Hallowe’en harvest of terrifying new products. We’ve got Dreamhounds of Paris and its companion book, The Book of Ants, up for pre-order this month; can anything be as terrifying as rules for Sex Hitler? We’ll let you decide…
Master of Mythos Adam Gauntlett’s Great War Trail of Cthulhu adventure collection, Dulce et Decorum Est, and his Spanish Civil War campaign Soldiers of Pen and Ink, are now available to download as PDFs in the webstore, as is Matthew Sanderson’s scary haunted house adventure, The Seventh Circle – written for Fear Itself, but with conversion notes for running as a Trail of Cthulhu adventure. KWAS subscribers will get the November edition, Hideous Creatures: Byakhee this month; meanwhile, non-subscribers can now buy The School of Night as a stand-alone product in the shop.
- Dreamhounds of Paris – Pre-order this Trail of Cthulhu campaign of the Parisian surrealists’ adventures in the Dreamlands, either alone or as part of a bundle with The Book of Ants
- The Book of Ants – Pre-order young poet Henri Salem’s journal of his time with the surrealists in Paris, the companion book to Dreamhounds of Paris
- Dulce et Decorum Est: Great War Trail of Cthulhu PDF – This set of three adventures and a campaign frame by Adam Gauntlett looks at the Great War through the lens of Trail of Cthulhu
- Soldiers of Pen and Ink PDF – A Trail of Cthulhu campaign set in 1936 during the Spanish Civil War, where ideologies compete as you try find a colleague who went missing in the midst of the Siege of Madrid.
- The Seventh Circle PDF – A stand-alone adventure for either Fear Itself or Trail of Cthulhu where a paranormal research team investigates a mysterious house.
- The School of Night – this GUMSHOE campaign frame edition of Ken Writes about Stuff sets the PCs on the stage with John Dee, Christopher Marlowe, and Sir Walter Raleigh … and perhaps with traitors in their ranks.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Find out what’s new from Simon Rogers
- Dracula Dossier Conspyramies – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan talks about the still-upcoming Dracula Dossier Kickstarter
- See Page XX – Mutant Buddy Cops – Robin D. Laws suggests how to run a two-player Mutant City Blues game, buddy-cop style
- Dulce et Decorum Est – Adam Gauntlett talks about the horrors of the Great War as they relate to his WW1 Trail of Cthulhu campaign, Dulce et Decorum Est
- Outer Dark Entity Profile – Seeper Is that a virus in your computer, or an Outer Dark Entity for The Esoterrorists and Fear Itself?
- The Plain People of Gaming: 13th Age monster-tech in GUMSHOE – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan uses 13th Age rules to automate GUMSHOE NPCs and monsters
- 11 Things Functionaries Of The Gaean Reach Tell You While Impeding Your Hunt For Quandos Vorn – Bureaucracy can be more of a pain than your greatest enemy sometimes
- Call of Chicago: Enter the Hungarian – Kenneth Hite introduces us to the first of the Dracula Dossier NPCs, Ágost Vámbéry
- Supporting Characters as Foils – Bring out the best in your DramaSystem character’s Dramatic Poles with supporting characters
- October playtesting – This month’s line-up features a new adventure for The Gaean Reach, and Shards of the Broken Sky and an edited Strangling Sea for 13th Age
- 13th Age in Korean – Meet our latest licensees, Dayspring Games in Korea!
- 13th Age ThawCon: The Most Excessive Two Days In Gaming – Simon Rogers explains how he converted his old-skool D&D group to 13th Age
- 13th Sage: Heroquesting the Dragon Empire – Rob Heinsoo explains how Gloranthan heroquests can play a role in 13th Age games played in the core setting of the Dragon Empire
Other Resource page updates
- Trail of Cthulhu Resource page – an updated version of Tony Williams’ Trail of Cthulhu condensed rules
See Page XX Poll