See Page XX shall this month be known as ‘ENnie Award Nominated See Page XX’ so we have a great collection of articles for your reading and viewing pleasure. First up is another dose of gaming wisdom from the guru himself, Robin D Laws, and of course the monthly round up of all things Pelgrane, Simon Rogers’ View from the Pelgrane’s Nest. Then we have 13 Facts about 13th Age, a quick and interesting introduction to the new game from Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet. Night’s Black Agents is now at the printers so we can show you a few pages of the interior, designed and layed out by Chris Huth. Night’s Black Agents has been getting a lot of love this month, author Kenneth Hite ran a tournament at DEXCON for a $1000 prize, you can read his and the winner’s accounts of the event right here. We would be remiss if we did not mention the amazing and unexpected ENnie Award Nominations, annouced last week, so below is an article detailing Pelgrane’s nominations. As most of you know, Pelgrane Press is launching a fiction imprint, Stone Skin Press which is currently being kickstarted. You can listen to Kenneth Hite and Robin Laws chat about in a preview segment of their forthcoming podcast Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff. To add to the Stone Skin Press goodies, we are pleased to publish one of the short stories appearing in the anthology, The Lion and the Aardvark: Aesop’s Modern Fables, published this Christmas. Plus playtest opportunities, new releases and the Page XX Poll.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, all you need to know about Pelgrane Press this month.
- Idiot Plotting and the Gamer Psyche by Robin D Laws, advice on how to allow for your players making silly mistakes.
- 13 Facts About 13th Age – a short, detailed overview of the new fantasy RPG from Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet.
- Night’s Black Agents Layout – a few preview pages of Chris Huth’s beautiful layout (PDF).
- The DEXCON Sanction by Kenneth Hite, a round up of the $1000 Night’s Black Agents tournament.
- Night’s Black Agents DEXCON Tournament by Lisa Padol, a blow-by-blow account of the thrilling action from the winner herself.
- ENnie Nominated Page XX – All the Pelgrane nominations in one place.
- Ken & Robin Talk About Stuff Preview – an audio discussing Stone Skin Press from the forthcoming podcast.
- The Scientist and the Zen Master by Benj Tentt, a short story from Stone Skin Press’s forthcoming anthology, The Lion and the Aardvark
- July Playtesting – Gaean Reach and Sisters of Sorrow
- Pre-Order: The Zalozhniy Quartet by Gareth Hanrahan (Dead Rock Seven, Invasive Procedures), a series of four interlinked adventures for Night’s Black Agents. Available in our shop.