Free RPG Day 2019

We’re happy to announce we’re once again taking part in Free RPG Day 2019 on Saturday, June 15th, and this year’s free Pelgrane giveaway features adventures for the forthcoming The Yellow King RPG and 13th Age.

The Yellow King RPG – The Doors to Heaven

Behind Iron Doors, a Gateway to Doom!

Paris, 1895. A sensation-seeking band of art students confronts supernatural invasion from an alien realm. A play called The King in Yellow circulates in the city’s secret, decadent circles, twisting the ordinary and corrupting the sacred. In the students’ latest case, a fellow student’s disappearance draws them to the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Legend claims that its iron doors were sculpted through a pact with the devil. Behind this tale the investigators uncover a stranger truth, replete with hooded figures, an unearthly plague, and the terrifying creatures that inspired the gargoyles.

13th Age RPG – Assault on the Dungeon of the Pogonomancer

The renegade dwarf wizard has returned from exile, and now his army of thralls lays siege to the fortress of his ancestors. Doom and kinstrife threaten the lands of the dwarves! There’s but one chance – if a small band of heroic adventurers can brave the passage of the Underworld, they could strike at the wizard’s secret sanctum where he plots with his mysterious allies from the depths!

Battle through the tunnels of the world below! Navigate weird perils! Face fiendish horrors! It’s a race against time – if you tarry, the dwarves on the surface will most certainly perish!

Above all, don’t get entangled – for the dungeon of the Pogonomancer is certainly one hairy situation…

18 Responses to “Free RPG Day 2019”

1. Paul says:

WHO is the artist here? Amazing work!

2. Andrew Jones says:

It’s the 15th June, not the 5th.?

3. Andy says:

I don’t suppose these will be available as PDF? There aren’t any stores near me, or even in Germany, taking part in Free RPG day.

4. Rob Knop says:

Now that we’re a month or so past Free RPG Day… are there any plans to make this available via PDF *ever*?

• Rob Knop says:

Oops, stupid question. I was looking at the date of the post, not the date of actual Free RPG day.

(Alas, I’m not going to be able to get to a game store on the 15th. I live too far from all of them, and have other things on the calendar that day.)

5. Gord Sellar says:

Just curious… did this not happen in the end? (I don’t see Pelgrane Press listed on the Free RPG website for this year, so I thought I’d ask.)

(I suspect there’s not going to be an event at the one shop in my country where this event is usually held, so my curiosity is largely academic, I suppose.)

• Mika Talley says:

Unfortunately, another company has bought the assets of our printer and is transitioning them into their business. They haven’t printed our books and can’t tell us when they’ll be printed. At this point we have to assume they will not be available for Free RPG Day.We apologize for the inconvenience.

6. Ali Ryder says:

I am a retailer. Just got the box and your product was not in it!

• Cat Tobin says:

Hey Ali, sorry about that! Our printer went into administration, and wasn’t able to deliver our books in time. Drop us an email (support@pelgranepress.com) if you’d like to arrange to pick up copies.